Tuesday 31 January 2012

j a n u a r y t h i r t y - f i r s t

A friend asked me the other day "What's your absolutely most prized non-living possession? (not your kids!)"

What a good question! And aren't I lucky to have the kind of people in my life who are curious to know such things? I have good friends.
Two things came to mind. The first was this locket. It's over 110 years old, and belonged to my great, great, great Grandmother. It's been passed down from oldest daughter to oldest daughter. I inherited it on my wedding day.
The other precious item is Suzie Chocolate, my handmade doll. My Omi (grandmother) made this for me when I was a little girl, and shipped it from Germany for Christmas. She can never be replaced, and holds a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment